Different method to transfer file to windows

Hi,

What are the methods to pull out a file with size 200 mb from Linux to windows server?

I tried using Winscp but didn't work out, it was hanging in the middle with message below.

The file does exist in the below directory
/unix01.server/files/root/opt/oracle/diag/rdbms/prod1/prod1/trace

Till here /unix01.server/files/root/opt/oracle/diag/rdbms/prod1" i am able to go on in Winscp and the problem starts
only when i go to next directory i.e till trace (to copy the file to windows server) in Winscp

Is there any other method that the file could be transferred to windows server ?

OS -- Linux 2.6

Regards,
Maddy

Hello Maddy,

Could you please following link for same and try to use samba for same, it may be helpful for you.

Configuring Linux Samba (SMB) - How to Setup Samba (Linux Windows File Sharing)

Thanks,
R. Singh

Hi Ravinder ,

Thanks for your quick response.

In the installation step, services need to restated as below.

I am not allowed to restart any services in root user and not sure would there be any impact to server
by installing this 'samba' in the server.

Regards,
Maddy

You can download pscp from the the website where PuTTY is hosted.

PuTTY Download Page

From the windows machine

[start] -> [run] type cmd ->ENTER

search pscp.exe usually located here in general C:\Program Files (x86)\PuTTY\

C:\Program Files (x86)\PuTTY\pscp.exe user@serverhost.com:/unix01.server/files/root/opt/oracle/diag/rdbms/prod1 c:\somepath\somedirectory

Hi Akshay,

Thanks for the command.I will try and get back to you if i see any issue.

Regards,
Maddy

A faint memory of windows having problems with directories deeper than eight comes to my mind... could you consider a link in the first level pointing down to the trace directory and retry the transfer?

I suspect the 'eight' is coincidental, it does have problems with total path sizes greater than 2048, which can be very baffling and infuriating since they will work in some contexts (relative) but not others (absolute)... Programs can chdir deep into folders and create far deeper subfolders which GUI users, who find everything via absolute paths, cannot traverse or even delete.

Hi Rudic/Corona,

What is an alternate way to accomplish this task?

Please share your thoughts.

Regards,
Maddy

Which I did in my post...