Data Recovery from file system overwritten with LVM.

Hey peeps,

Here is somethin u might find interestin....
Is it possible to recover data from a partition which used to be an ext3 file sytem with some nice forgotten backups, which now is an lvm partion containg root partition of another OS. :slight_smile:
I couldn't create any mess better than this, can i :rolleyes:

Btw I am using Debian/GNU Linux 4.1 Sid.

According to my very little knowledge and very little experience this is not possible coz the file system is overwritten.
I have already broken the LVM now. :smiley:

If any of you gentleman thinks or knows that there is somethin that could be done, please answer to this post, you can scold me too :o , I will provide more information.

Stellar Phoenix Linux Data Recovery Software for Ext2 and Ext3 File system volumes.Provides Linux partition recovery from a deleted logical partition.
Try this utility see if it can be of any help. I am not sure that it will provides recovery from ext3 file system but it has worked for me for ext2 file system.

And it will not provide the recovery from over-written data. As far as my knowledge goes no data recovery software provides recovery from over-written data. If any one knows then please make us aware.

Yes i have been used lots of Linux recovery software but Stellar Phoenix Linux data recovery software helps me in a better way to recover data and file from Linux OS. You can also download this from here: Linux Data Recovery software recovers lost data from Ext2, Ext3 and Reiser FS file systems of Linux operating system.