dansguardian

I've just Dl'd and installed the osxgnu package of danguardian and squid on my 10.2 machine, which is mainly used as a router/firewall (set up with brickhouse)

And now I'm not quite sure what to do next...I have a speedtouch 330 USB ADSL modem and I share the connection via built in ethernet.

I tried to folow the instructions at http://www.osxgnu.org/software/Security/content_filtering/ but I wasn't sure which interface I was supposed to apply the proxt settings to. If I did it on the modem, I couldn't get to the web, and on the ethernet I wasn't protected...

I don't even know how to tell if DG is running...

I've got somewhere with this...

I've installed squidman, which has got squid up and running nearly nicely.

During OSX startup I get the message that dansguardian is starting up, but I'm definitely not getting any content filtering.

I also installed webmin, and the DG webmin module, which I've configured properly as far as I can tell (it knows where everything is) but it can't start DG.

Also squid won't let me in to my CUPS admin on the same computer, even though I've told it (using squidman) to not use the proxy for that IP:631...

anyone know how I can get DG to work, and how I can get squid to let me use CUPS?

Also, when it's all set up, I want to lock users into having to use the proxy - ie no websites accessible except through it. any ideas?