Curl, to send text message

hello friends I need to send a text message MSM by AIX with a function called CURL you have some example of how it is done so that you can help me please

Hello tricampeon81,

After these many posts in UNIX.com, we expect you to post here 3 simple things. 1st- Sample of your Input, 2nd- Sample of expected output and 3rd- Most importantly your efforts which you have put in order to solve your own problem.

Also please use CODE TAGS for all samples/codes which you are going to post in your post(s).

Thanks,
R. Singh

2 Likes

hmm, by "MSM" i suppose you mean "SMS", yes? curl is not a function, it is a (open-source-) program. You can download it from www.perzl.org. It has a man page you may want to read. See how far that gets ypu and come back if things are still unclear.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

After a quick search, it seems that you would need a 3rd party service that sends text messages as curl is unable to do this alone.

I'm pretty sure there may be a way but it would be more complex than just going through a 3rd party.

You are right, cURL is just a "programmable web browser", so to say. You will need to have some (web-) service to actually send SMSs available and you will be able to use cURL to contact/use them from a script. There is no "genuine" way to send SMS from an AIX system (or any other system, for that matter). For any service you use (which always will be "3rd party" in nature) you will need some tool to contact it and make use of it. If this is a web service, cURL (or, alternatively, wget, which is similar in scope) will what you need.

I hope this helps.

bakunin