Cronjob not started??!!

Hi Guys,,

I have cron entry at yesterday at 3 am. That particular script did not ran. (am saying this as i checked the log files for the script). The script after this at 4 30 pm and 6 00 pm ran successfully. When i scheduled the same script for today it ran successfully ( i did not made any changes whatsoever except the time and day entry of the cron).

Now i also checked the server was up and running for the past 160 days. Can anybody explain how this could have happened. I just want to prevent this event in happening again.

Thanks for ur help in advance,

Magesh.

Maybe a look in here can help:

I don't know where you are physically, but here in most of the US, we switched to daylight savings time yesterday morning and moved the clocks ahead an hour. If you were running on a server here, it could have jumped and missed the 3am trigger.

thanx prismtx,

I think tat cud b a possible reasoning.. my server is located in US only. But i think u must have moved the clock by an hour. this should have happened at 12 am (am just guessing). Then how the job could have missed the 3 am trigger.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks for ur help,
Magesh

Try checking the logs in /var/cron if you find any issues there.

From Wikipedia:

It could be that your server switched time at 2:01 to 3:01, thus missing the 3:00 cronjob. Yet another reason to keep your servers at UTC...

I tried to look into that folder earlier.. but it seems i did not have the previlages..