cron jobs running, but not...

I have a cron job set up to run a script on my Leopard Server every night. The job is set up as root, and when I run the script manually, it runs fine.
The problem is that it is not doing anything when it runs at night. In the cron log, it says it ran, but did not output the results to the file it is supposed to or accomplish it's task (and does when I run it manually).
I originally thought the problem was that I wasn't running it as root, which would have made sense, but it doesn't run as root either.

Any ideas out there?

Can you show us the line that is in cron for the schedule?

Also what does your script do?

Some of the students in my school have a nasty habit of copying applications to their (network account) desktops. Then they are running the apps off the server, and it takes up bandwidth, and hard drive space. I came up with this script (with help from a friend) that goes through and deletes any application in the students' desktop folder. Here is the script contents:

#!/bin/bash

filename=`date +%m-%d-%Y`.txt

for dir in /Volumes/ServerHD/Students/*/Desktop/
do
ls "$dir" | grep '\.'app >> /Volumes/ServerHD/Scripts/appdata/$filename
rm -R "$dir"*.app
done

The cron job I used CronniX to set up. It should run every night (Mon-Fri) at 1am. Here is the job:

0       01      *       *       2,3,4,5,6       /Scripts/Remove.app.sh

And here is the cron log output from last night:

Oct 24 01:00:00 etoile-x /usr/sbin/cron[92850]: (root) CMD (/Scripts/Remove.app.sh)

If it runs when you run it manually but not in cron the first thing that comes to mind is that your environment is different... add this line to the top of your script below the shebang...

. /etc/profile