Creating SNMP Strings To Trap ALOM Console Messages

Greetings To All!

I am trying to accomplish the following:

Using a public SNMP string, create a trap which will trap ALOM console messages on a Solaris Sunfire T-1000 ALOM console. The platform is Solaris 10. These newly created traps need to be configured in such a way that they will send trapped ALOM console messages to a log file.

I have visited the docs.sun.com website as well as other websites and was able to find some background information, but not enough to put together a complete game plan. Specifically, I am missing the following information:

(1) The configuration file or files where I would configure the SNMP traps
(2) What process or processes/daemons need to be enabled/configured so as to implement/enable SNMP trapping
(3) The name of the log file where the results of ALOM console message trapping results would typically be routed to.

I think I have it all covered in steps 1-3 above, but if I am missing something or leaving something out, then I am not averse to being corrected and/or admonished. As I stated previously, I have visited several websites looking for enough information, but cannot seem to get it all altogether. I would deeply appreciate anyone who has ever done this before to share his/her advice/experience/notes with me. Thanks in advance!

Rob Sandifer