Creating a Mirror RAID With Existing Disk

Hi there,
I'm not sure if this is possible, but here is what I'd like to do..

I have an existing 160GB drive in my Redhat 9.0 server that I would like to add an additional 160GB drive to and create a mirrored RAID of the first disk to the new disk. I would like to do this without having to affect the existing disk or the filesystem on it. Is it possible to just add a new physical device and set it to mirror the existing drive?

Thanks guys!

-Sysera

In short, yes. But I'm not personally familiar with it, since I've never done it. Remember you can always search these forums first: :slight_smile:

• provides a nifty link to google
  • (explains how to do it in solaris - may have useful info)

Anyway, I'm sure someone else can help you much more, but maybe this can get you started...

Thank you oombera. I would normally start a round of wild Google searches to find the info, but I am new to these forums and I thought I would jump right in and start a fresh post. This section seems like it needed a little action as well. :slight_smile:

I wish Linux had some similar tools for disk management as Solaris. And I wish I could afford Solaris hardware for home that would parallel what I can afford in standard x86 hardware! :wink: