Create NFS Client

I have found numerous articles on creating share on HPUX 11.1 (data source prepared for export) but I did not find from client's perspective what to do?

I have a shared dir (all NFS ready full permissions) that I would like to access from a HP server what I need to do on this HPUX to be able to mount or see it? Any dumb down version would be greatly appreciated.

You just need to mount the share if it's exported correct on the server.

So on HPUX client you need to issue :

showmount -e remotehost
# .. will list avalible NFS exports from remotehost
mount server:/export/fs /your/local/mountpoint

Hope that helps
Regards
Peasant.

Thank you sir, I will try and update

---------- Post updated at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:29 PM ----------

The showmount works great when doing the mount the following error occurs:

mount server:/Backup/SAS_Depots /sasutl
nfs mount: get_fh: server:: RPC: Unknown host

I will do some research and would appreciate any further insight.

---------- Post updated at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:42 PM ----------

Ohhh, sorry I see what I did wrong, I needed to provide server as a value oops. :slight_smile:

Welcome...
Yes you were to provide servername:/exporteddir /mountpoint...
Read again the man pages of mount about the options you can give, be aware also that mounted NFS file system is not without risk of issues (when NFS server is not responding...).

Thank you. I am having another battles that has pushed my project back by weeks. This HP as a client was one aspect.

I have a seagate blackarmour 110 NAS. I created a full access share (using the web Gui), even enabled public access. Re-booted NAS. This is as far I could do anything that is this is my NFS server side and I could not manually add/create an export.

On client (RHEL 6.1) I have this on my /etc/fstab

Issues:
Cannot change permissions

Even where permission is 755 (execute is allowed) the ID that owns it could not execute either.

I read some good articles some were beyond my comprehension/experience. I need to get this app installed but it will not let me execute.

Any insight, doc, pointer, is of great value.

You will need to change permisions on NFS server for that file if it's owned by root.
If it's owned by user, you will need to have defined same UID/GID for that user on both NFS server and client for permissions to work.