couldn't telnet using putty, but my colleague could

Hi,
I am using putty. I telnet to a system from a Solaris system(jump server) regularly.
But this time when I tried, it behaved differently, like kept on giving login prompt like password is incorrect. I am sure the password is right, and I woke up my colleague at midnight, he tried in his machine using putty from the same server, and he could successfully login. We both used the same id to login to the frst server, then telnet. I typed the password in notepad and confirmed I am typing the correct chars.

I tried to telnet from another machine too, but no luck.

The last time when I successfully logged into the server, it acepted input when I presses the key twice. For ex, to enter ls -lrt, I have to do, llss --llrrtt. From there something is behaving differently.
Any suggestions to fix this ?

hi
have you tried to test various options in the �Terminal� options of putty? i.e. setting vt100 as termnal type and so on.
see ya
fra

some things come to mind ...

1. ssh was recently enabled and telnet was disabled on remote server ... use ssh to connect to remote server and see if issue persists ...

2. your account was disabled on remote server

3. your home directory is not accessible or does not exist on the remote server

4. if all settings are correct and you still have the issue, try reinstalling putty as it sounds like you may have corrupted it ...

have a coworker confirm items 2 and 3 ...

good luck!

One more to check.
Ask you network people to check that the remote server or the jump server does not have a duplicate IP address on the main LAN.

Thanks guys. Tried all those.
Finally the issue we found is, only one can login to that server with that same generic id. It was not the case previously. It has been resolved now, not sure how it resolved.