Copying driver file from cd to directory

Hello. We've had quite a lot of issues with networking with our IBM server running SCO OpenServer 5.0.7. I figured it couldn't hurt to try installing a new network card in the server and see what results I get. When I go into netconfig I can see there's a fairly long list of network adapters that already seem to have their drivers installed. So I purposely ordered one that was in that list. But it seems like it would still be a good idea to install the drivers off the cd that came with the card. This is where I could use some help because I've never done anything like this with our system before.

I know you would start by using the cp command at the # command prompt. So #cp [file name] [directory name]. Do I need to list the entire path to the file for the file name? I see on my Windows PC that it would be D:|SCO|OpenSrv|VOL.000.000 And I really have no idea what to use for the directory to copy to.

I'm also seeing a lot about ASF and that this may need to be disabled. Is that something that can be done fairly easily? Sorry I'm such a novice with this system but any help is greatly appreciated.

Historically VOL.000.000 would be a floppy image but you should be able to install it directly from CD using custom .

(SCO Unix) I've downloaded a driver.dd or driver.img file, what do I dowi

Also:

need some help copying a VOL.000.000 from floppy to HD

EDIT: On later versions of SCO the custom command was replaced by the scoadmin command. So if custom gives "command not found" then try scoadmin . These are the management utilities to do things like you are attempting.