Copy file from local network and add it to MYSQL

Hello,
i need some help. I have a Debian machine in network, which is a web server.
I need to copy every day files from local network to MySQL table. Now it is done manually and i am just adding them from web panel (backend) and saving it's binary, extension and etc.
Can i automaticly do this process using Shell?
Sorry for my bad english
P.S. Yeah i am kinda newbie in Linux.
P.S. Is Debian good for running a web server or should i better use FreeBSD or another distribution?

If you do it manually, put everything you do manually into a script. This is - in principle - easily done by writing every command you use now into a text file, add a "shebang" line (this is a word you can search for on the net) and use "chmod" to set the executable-bit in the filemode. It is about that simple.

If you want to execute this script recurringly in some interval (like "every 5 minutes", "every day at 10:00 am", etc.) put it into "cron" (search for this on the internet). If you have a concrete question dealing with the implementation of this just check back.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

Thanks for answer.
I have another question: how can i add pdf file (binary (in BLOB) and it's extension to mysql using script. Cause i was doing this with php and this is a little bit different.
Code example will be really nice