Copy Directories in to UNIX server

I have software on Z drive " I map it " , its about 50 MB , I want to copy the whole directory in to unix server , under some folder ...
What are the steps how Ican perform this ?
I have UNIX user name and password and rights to create files and folders..
Remember I want to copy all the folder , files which are under that specfic dirctort to UNIX dirctory .
How I can achive this task
Waiting
Bye

Quickest and easiest way to get your files there would be to use ftp.
Open command prompt (start, run, command)
change to the drive and directory you wish to send (z:)
ftp name_of_unix_server (login and password)
ftp> cd /directory_you_want_files_on_unix_server
ftp> bin
ftp> prompt
ftp> recurse
ftp> mput *
ftp> bye

Done.

The AIX-ftp client doesn't know the "recurse" subcommand. I don't know about the Windoze-ftp client, but suppose that things not known by UNIX-tools are way out of scope for the most common PC-virus.

There are some third-party ftp clients which allow recursion for Windoze, though.

The most elegant way would be to tar your directory structure, transfer the resulting file through ftp and untar it afterwards. GNU-tar for Windoze is easily available from many websites, for instance "http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/tar.htm".

If the directory you want to transfer is "z:\mydir" and the place you want it to be on your target machine is "/newplace/for/mydir" you do the following:

make "z:\" your current directory
z:\> tar -cvf mydir.tar ./mydir
ftp the file mydir.tar to a temporary space on your target machine
log on to target machine and go to /newplace/for
# cd /newplace/for
# tar -xvf /tmp/path/mydir.tar

...and voil�!

you can delete the file /tmp/path/mydir (the one you have transferred via ftp) afterwards.

Hope this helps.

bakunin

Duane Ryan and bakunin gave good two idea to transfer the whole directory in unix to unix Machine.

Keep It Up and Share ur Ideas.

Thankx and Regards
Kaniraj Raja