copy crontab file from backup server

Hi,

I did a terrible mistake of issuing crontab -r command which deleted my table on a new installation. Is there any way i can transfer the table from an existing unix box.

Regards,

Joseph:confused:

You can either use crontab -e and copy&paste the crontab (if it fits your needs; you maybe got to edit it) from another box.
Or you can locate your crontab (guess is /var/spool/cron/crontabs; I have no SCO here) and just remote copy it there.

Am using SCO OPENSERVER 5.0.5. I have tried the above but didn't workout. On the old unix box, atjobs were running okay. I had scheduled several jobs. During system boot you would see jobs being created. eg the old box do backup /u at 13:00PM. How do i achieve this?

Regards,
Joseph

Try copying /usr/spool/cron/crontabs/USER from the old box to the new box, where USER is probably root.
What is the processor in the new installation?

Suspect that transferring /usr/spool/cron/crontabs/root across would resolve it. They will transfer from system to system altough you might have to resolve owner, group, and permissions after the transfer.

But it might also create issues if the things scheduled are not the same between boxes.

---------- Post updated at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:36 PM ----------

Followed by either a reboot or stopping and restarting cron.