Console Login Failed..

Dear Unix Team,

This is sudhansu once again. I need some tips on below issue.

Sometimes we got calls from customer that their console got hangged means they are not able to access the server through console ip.

in that case "resetsc -y" will resolve the issue.

1. But couple of days ago i got a call from customer that their console was not working. When i checked the server from "SERIAL MGT" through putty, nothing is visible on screen . only the blank screen is there. In that cases we didn't give "resetsc- y" command because nothing is visible. So i give a Power Dreain to the server and hopefully it works..

Now my question is , it is not advisable to down the live server for that.. Is there any other method to solve this " CONSOLE LOGIN FAILED" issue. And also i want to know that why this console got hanged. Because this type of cases are very often in that customer place..

Please give your valuable inputs on this..

you stated you checked the server from "SERIAL MGT" port, and I'm guessing you were expecting to see the LOM greeting or sc> prompt?

next time you encounter this, just try sending the attention key sequence defined in sc_escapechars (default is "#."). If the SC is alive, you should immediately get the SC login challenge or the sc> prompt.

yes i am waiting for the sc> prompt to come but nothing is visible. Whenever i hit enterkey it comes to next line without any SC> prompt...
Only the blank screen is available.

Thank you for ur feed back.