Console GUI kicks me after 30 seconds. Licensing issue?

I have two SCO servers. On one I can logon to the gui via console with no problem. However, on the other I can logon to the gui but after a few seconds it kicks me back out to the prompt. I asked previous admin about this and he seems to think its a license issue?

More likely a missing or corrupt file or permission issue, or maybe a tcp issue.

How would I go about finding the problem file/missing file? I don't think its tcp because this is through the console not over network.

So after it has kicked you out, can you login again for another 30 seconds? Or does it not offer another GUI login?

TMOUT might be set to a funny value, causing it to kick you out after a short number of seconds of inactivity.

Xwindows uses tcp even at the console. If you sign on at the other machine, you will see that you are using tty02 and ttyp1 at the same time.
Try logging on at tty03 and typing "startx" at the command prompt.
I am assuming that you are never actually getting completely logged on if the session only lasts 30 seconds.
You could also use custom to re-install the xwindow portion of the operating system

Further to Corona688 worth reading these files to see if there is timeout code or a Shell timeout parameter or something to stop multiple logins:

/.profile
/etc/profile

Similarly take a glance at crontab.

Do you get a message before getting disconnected?

It's been a few years since I supported SCO boxes but my thinking goes like this. You are trying to log in through the GUI and getting kicked out. Is it the GUI or the general O/S that is the problem. On SCO I remember that you can switch off the GUI and revert to text login by "scologin disable" (or possibly "disable scologin"). Perhaps go into single user maintenance mode and turn off the GUI for a while. Can you stay logged in on text mode? If so, maybe the GUI has issues and somebody has already suggested how to reinstall that.