Connecting UNIX to Windows

Is there a way to connect to Windows from UNIX. From Windows to UNIX, there is a putty that can be used. Is putty also possible to use to connect?

You might use telnet or rlogin but those services have to be available on the Windows server - see this thread

Thanks,

I was able to successfully login already...What I am really trying to do is trigger a program from a UNIX server on the windows server. I was able to do this through the rlogin command. My concern right now is how do i automate this using KSH script. this is my current script right now:

rlogin -l <username> <hostname>
<password>
<program in windows to invoke>

Not putting them on script and typing them in one by one works, but putting them on a script requires me to input a password(it actually stops on the password, and asks for it, even if i have put it on the script), what i would like to happen if possible is to allow password to be inputted with the rlogin. or maybe a public key(though I am still not familiar with this approach)

Also, aside from that I am also checking using the RSH, here is my command:

rsh -l <username> <hostname> <command>

This issues an error regarding the password though, would you know how to setup the password.

Also, last question. whenever I close my rsh and rlogin connection....typing in quit enter, whenever I try to reconnect..I would encounter a 'connection close error', and I would need to wait for some minutes before i could log again. Would you know how to prevent this?

Hope you can answer my inquiries.

Regards,