Connecting To An External Network Using A logical (PACKAGE) IP Address

Hie everyone,
I am currently facing a problem whereby I can not connect to an external network from a package ip address on a HP-UX cluster. Below is the illustration:
Primary Server IP Address : n.n.n.202
Secondary Server IP Address : n.n.n.212
Package IP Address : n.n.n.211

Exterternal IP Address to connect to : x.x.x.1

When I try to connect to the external IP the IP for the Primary Server is the one being recognised instead of that of the package from which the application is running.

Question
Is there a way of overiding the system so that it can use the package ip address to connect to the external network rather than the system using the ip of the primary server upon which the package is running?

Cheers

I had same problem and I solved it by adding package address in all hosts files on all servers with let's say proper name and alias. Of course if you have NAT between internal and external network you had to add that package IP address on access list of allowed adresses. I hope this will solve your problem too (I don't know why but with resolving on HP-UX I have problem and I have to have in /etc/hosts all my IP's and names and aliases if I want that my servers know each other :slight_smile: )
Best regards