Connecting Hard drive to Windows

Ok i have a bad slice on my solaris 10 hard drive. And that so happens to be where the data is that i need. there are 10 corrupt block that are not allowing it to mount. I tried everything fro ufsdump to fsck -Y -o f and nothing works.
so i took the drive out and plugged it into a external USB -> IDE cable. I can see the drive in device manager but it says i need to format it to use it. Is there a way i can view the data on there? a program. I have vm ware and ubuntu installed will that work?

You're going to corrupt your whole disk and data!,
HDDs for some systems are bound for certain h/w and there are compatibilty issues. You should try to solve whatever problem using your Sun/solaris system. You cant just plug the disk to wherever you want... :eek:

Moreover its not of an NTFS type. You might detect the disk in Windows but will NEVER be able to read the data my friend..:frowning:

OP: It's a UFS file system so if you try to mount it on another system that system needs to be able to mount/read UFS file systems. If your Sun system cannot read the disk then you probably won't be able to get the data from any other system- as the problem is with the disk, not the system reading it. Run fsck repeatedly until it fixes all of the errors. If fsck cannot fix the errors then you're out of luck.

yeah i mounted it in another Sol 10 and the slice is corrupt we lost the data. thanks for the posts