Connect direct script for unix

I want to connect direct a xml file and a excel file each separately from unix system to another unix system.The size of the xml file and excel file may vary each time.

Below is the possible connect direct script to transfer the files.Please check if it is correct?

Also does DCB parameter required ?If required what should be the code for it?

==============

submit 
do_copy process snode=CDNODE
step01 copy from (
file=SOURCEFILE
sysopts=":datatype=binary:"
)
to (
file=DESTFILENAME
snode
disp=(new)
)

======================

Why don't you use SCP? It's a lot simpler

Maybe he means "Connect Direct", which is a file transfer program from IBM mainframes to other systems. Transferring files from IBM mainframes with their different encoding (EBCDIC instead of ASCII) and vastly differing file structure, not to speak of a very different network architecture (SNA instead of OSI-like) can be quite a task and specialized programs - like the mentioned CD - exist for this.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

dear pal, My requirement is only to use "connect direct".

---------- Post updated at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:20 AM ----------

Someone please come to rescue!!!

Everyone at the UNIX and Linux Forums gives their best effort to reply to all questions in a timely manner. For this reason, posting questions with subjects like "Urgent!" or "Emergency" and demanding a fast reply are not permitted in the regular forums.

For members who want a higher visibility to their questions, we suggest you post in the Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Forum. This forum is given a higher priority than our regular forums.

Posting a new question in the Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Forum requires forum Bits. We monitor this forum to help people with emergencies, but we do not not guarantee response time or best answers. However, we will treat your post with a higher priority and give our best efforts to help you.

Thank you.

The UNIX and Linux Forums