Configuring xSun for automatic remote login window

Hey folks, I wish every one is just great. I got to do this:

I'm trying to configure my Solaris 10 clients to Automatically Show the login windows of the Main Server whenever the Client restarts or a user logs out.

By other means, the Client user don't have to Go to Options->Remote-Login-> each time he wants to login to the Main server.

Cheers :cool:

Are you talking about working from the CDE ?

As far as I can tell XDMCP login only works using the Gnome Display Manager on Solaris 10, how you automate going straight to remote login though I do not know.

Correction: The server you want to XDMCP login to needs to be running GDM, if it is Solaris 10...

Yes , the CDE is the desktop used after the login process.

What im tryin to do, is to avoid asking each user to go to Options->Remote Login->Enter Host Name.

I want the system automaticaly doing this each time it starts up or a user logs off :cool:

it has only a little trick behind playing with Xserver configs

---------- Post updated at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:36 PM ----------

First Step:

I tryied modifying a line in /usr/dt/config/Xservers to be:

:0 Local local_uid@console root /usr/openwin/bin/Xsun :0 -nobanner -query server1 -once

But after i login with my username/password, the screen just misses up !!

---------- Post updated 06-28-09 at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous update was 06-27-09 at 02:42 PM ----------

Hey Guys, come on, Someone Please help me here

Where do you see this? I cant see what you mean actually... :confused:

Hey incredible,

When you want to login to CDE on solaris 10, you can login to another CDE by going to Login panel, Options->Remote login->Enter Host Name ,