Configuring the SSH keys..

I am currently working on setting up a server to scp some files over for backup purposes.

Server 1 - Bob (Appliance)
Server 2 - Sana (RH 5)

Server 1 -
1 - Generated RSA2
2 - Collected the public key to be input on the backup server = Sana

Server 2 -
1 - This is were I am stuck the procedure for configuring the SSH keys varies depending on your server type, but I only have one public key, all guides I seem to come accross reference private, public, chain.. any advice?

The client side needs the public and the private key.

The server side needs only the public key, usually appended to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys

The public key goes in the ~/.ssh/autherized_keys and when you connect with ssh, ssh will add the server to your known_host file.

If you want a 2 way connection then you need to create a key on both servers and then give the public key from each server to the other.

Some useful links.
My Techie Guy: How to Set up SSH-KEYs between 2 Unix Servers (Solaris 10)? � Step by Step
Configuring Solaris Secure Shell - System Administration Guide: Security Services

also verify directory/file permissions, incorrectly set will not allow the use of ssh keys. ~/.ssh should be 700, and the authorized_keys file 600

If you mean NetApp appliance when you refer Appliance, then you need to go to following location to setup passwordless authentication:

Filername:/vol/vol0/etc/ssh/root/.ssh/authorized_keys