Configuring telnet

All.

I have installed red hat linux on my machine very recent on my desktop.
Now I want to access Linux from my laptop.
I have wireless connectivity at my home and I can share my folders between my laptop and desktop on windows environment.

Can anyone help me to understand what setting I can do for this...

---------- Post updated at 07:43 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:02 AM ----------

Waiting for any reply... :frowning:

---------- Post updated at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:43 AM ----------

just more info that while doing ifconfig on my desktop(linux env) my inet addr shows as 127.0.0.1....

WinSCP maybe?

But first you will need to fix your network. Run system-config-network and fill out the fields with your network settings.

No luck till now.... Some problem seems to be with etho...
mii-tool gives me output as "No MII interfaces found... how to fix it , any idea?????

---------- Post updated at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:11 AM ----------

one more addition:

Running lspci command gives below o/p:

ethernet controller : silicon integrated system [sis] : unknown device 0190

I would throw a live CD in like knoppix or SystemRescueCD to see if your adapter works from there. Is it a wireless ethernet adapter or just a regular wired one?

The SystemRescueCD 2.0 will automaticaly set your network up for you if the drivers are present. If you need special drivers you will need to do it yourself. Also you could have a hardware problem. Try reseating the network adapter card.

The lspci "unknown device 0190" leads me to believe the special drivers are not loaded for you adapter. Linux has gotten much better with hardware support over the years but sometimes you run into a compatablity problem or simply need to figure out what drivers are needed from the manufacture and install them manually.