configuring broadcast traffic to heart commuication RH cluster

Hello,

can someone please suggest how do I configure heartbeat communication to user broadcasting instead of multicasting for redhat cluster setup.

Thanks,

I believe that you can enable broadcast for heartbeats by changing the following value from multicast to broadcast in /etc/cluster/cluster.conf on all clustered nodes. The CMAN service will need to be restarted on each node as well. Be sure they become quorate again with the following command below.

<cman broadcast = "yes"/>

View to be sure cluster is quorate.

[PROMPT]#clustat
1 Like

I was going to knowledge base for your post, and I am planning to use gfs2 filesystem for clustering mysql database. after going through this documentation broadcast mode is not suitable mode for GFS2 ? so what will be alternate mode to configuring filesystem.

Broadcast mode is not suitable for deployments that require high performance locking. Examples include the following:
GFS/GFS2 deployments that use file locking extensively.
Cmirror usage
Any use of Corosync/OpenAIS outside of Red Hat Enterprise Linux that would require high performance message transport, such as Apache Qpid messaging.

Thanks

I am not 100% sure what other filesystems would be used for broadcast. What's the reason for not using the multicast method? The switch not allowing it?