Configure Second NIC on HP UX?

Hello,
I need to configure a second NIC on my HP UX, B.11.31 U ia64 ...if it is helpful.

I see a good thread to start on:
Configuring NIC

I have started reading the man pages listed. Without having to know every last detail is there a good how to guide I can follow? Also is this multicast-ing?
My end goal is normal network traffic is fine on this system, however I have gone to a tapeless backup and want every bit of speed performance I can get out of the network. TIA.

Without knowing what you intend to do with the card it's difficult to know how you should configure it.

You could put the tapeless backup on a different subnet perhaps? One NIC would attach to one subnet, and the other the other, and you'd have direct communication with your backup without saturating your other NIC...

I presume you would want backup running thru that card.
Do as Corona mentioned, configure a separate subnet, define an address and add a route. Define in it in netconf for persistence across reboots.

If you want to create an aggregation of those two interfaces, it is called on HPUX - APA (Auto port aggregation).
You will need to read the documentation about it which is here :
HP-UX Auto Port Aggregation (APA) Software- Manuals - HP Business Support Center
Choose your method according to your needs, be sure to check hardware requirements and configure your network accordingly.

Thank you Peasant, "aggregation" is the right word. What was I thinking with "multicast-ing"?

Thank you, -you got me pointed I the right direction. Time for some reading. -KJ:)