Complete blocking at the end of boot (FC1)

Hello;

For maintenance reasons, I have to clone an old dell server and an old dell station Fedora Core 1 to make a backup of the previous machines (the new machines are exactly the same as the original).

For the server, I have had no problems, it works.
For the station, just at the end of the boot, I have nothing:
the keyboard is "off" and ineffective, the screen is black, no network.
By against, in "single" mode, it works.
If I try the "I" mode (interactive), everything is good except for the last step.
I have tried also to suppress the graphic mode, it is the same problem...

How can I investigate more, understand what is wrong and fix the problem.
Thank you for all your suggestions (I do not have the machine today, but I worked all last week).

Pierre S.:confused:

Are the original machines on the network, that they might create name and address collisions?

Hello DGPicket,
No; new machines are alone in a isolatelocal network;
Thank you for your answer

It would be good to know what the boot messages are. Could this be waiting on an NFS mount at the tail end of the boot? We've had this ourselves and had to convert the NFS mount definition to be a "soft, background" mount. The implementation is different for each OS flavour, and I'm not familiar with how Fedora does it. The default is often a "hard, foreground" mount, which means it can hang the boot until the mount completes.

If this is the case you may have to update the source server and re-clone it, unless you can get to single user, mount the root filesystem RW and edit the config file (/etc/fstab or similar) to see if that moves things on.

I hope that this helps,
Robin
Liverpool/Blackburn
Uk