Compile error for PHP with msql

Hi Folks,

I am trying to phpize miniSQL with PHP 5.2.4 on Solaris (SPARC) using GCC 3.4.6.

• Unpacked the PHP source to /softwareArchive/php-5.2.4.
  • Navigated to /softwareArchive/php-5.2.4/ext/msql.
  • Ran #phpize, then #./configure --with-msql, which worked fine.
    However when I make, i get the following error:
/bin/bash /softwareArchive/php-5.2.4/ext/msql/libtool --mode=compile gcc  -I. -I/softwareArchive/php-5.2.4/ext/msql -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/softwareArchive/php-5.2.4/ext/msql/include -I/softwareArchive/php-5.2.4/ext/msql/main -I/softwareArchive/php-5.2.4/ext/msql -I/opt/coolstack/php5/include/php -I/opt/coolstack/php5/include/php/main -I/opt/coolstack/php5/include/php/TSRM -I/opt/coolstack/php5/include/php/Zend -I/opt/coolstack/php5/include/php/ext -I/opt/coolstack/php5/include/php/ext/date/lib -I/usr/local/Hughes/include  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -g -O2   -c /softwareArchive/php-5.2.4/ext/msql/php_msql.c -o php_msql.lo
 gcc -I. -I/softwareArchive/php-5.2.4/ext/msql -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/softwareArchive/php-5.2.4/ext/msql/include -I/softwareArchive/php-5.2.4/ext/msql/main -I/softwareArchive/php-5.2.4/ext/msql -I/opt/coolstack/php5/include/php -I/opt/coolstack/php5/include/php/main -I/opt/coolstack/php5/include/php/TSRM -I/opt/coolstack/php5/include/php/Zend -I/opt/coolstack/php5/include/php/ext -I/opt/coolstack/php5/include/php/ext/date/lib -I/usr/local/Hughes/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -c /softwareArchive/php-5.2.4/ext/msql/php_msql.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/php_msql.o
/softwareArchive/php-5.2.4/ext/msql/php_msql.c: In function `zif_msql_fetch_field':
/softwareArchive/php-5.2.4/ext/msql/php_msql.c:1107: error: `PRI_KEY_FLAG' undeclared (first use in this function)
/softwareArchive/php-5.2.4/ext/msql/php_msql.c:1107: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/softwareArchive/php-5.2.4/ext/msql/php_msql.c:1107: error: for each function it appears in.)
/softwareArchive/php-5.2.4/ext/msql/php_msql.c: In function `php_msql_field_info':
/softwareArchive/php-5.2.4/ext/msql/php_msql.c:1198: error: `PRI_KEY_FLAG' undeclared (first use in this function)

The "undeclared identifier" errors seem to indicate that PRI_KEY_FLAG hasn't been declared in any header file. And I can't find a declaration in the source. I suspect that I'm missing a library which configure didn't pick up! But I'm stabbing in the dark a bit. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Solved. Didn't use GCC, ended up using Sun Studio 12 and the proper source tree (duh!) and all is good.