Compilation errors in running configure script

Hi all,

I tried to cross compile Ghostscript-8.54 source. I am getting some errors during cross compilation. I have pasted the errors below.

CC=arm-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc LD=arm-unknown-linux-gnu-ld ./configure --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=arm-unknown-linux-gnu --without-x && make

arm-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wcast-qual -Wwrite-strings -fno-builtin -fno-common -DHAVE_STDINT_H -DGX_COLOR_INDEX_TYPE="unsigned long long" -I./src -o ./obj/genconf ./src/genconf.c
arm-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wcast-qual -Wwrite-strings -fno-builtin -fno-common -DHAVE_STDINT_H -DGX_COLOR_INDEX_TYPE="unsigned long long" -I./src -o ./obj/echogs ./src/echogs.c
./obj/echogs -w ./obj/devs.tr - -include ./obj/unix_
./obj/echogs: 1: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
make: *** [obj/devs.tr] Error 2

Can any one help to resolve this errors?

You are compiling and executing ./obj/echogs against ./obj/devs.tr and echogs is finding an error in devs.tr or the include file. Without seeing those it is difficult to provide more precise assistance.

I assume the name of the include file (./obj/unix_) is a typo.

I have read in GhostScript document (doc/Develop.htm) mentioned that ./obj/echogs will act as source generation utility.

GhostScript's makefile tries to run this ARM binary "ehogs" on X86 machine to generate some source files which can be used later in the build process. I think this is the reason for this error.

Can you help me to cross compile GhostScript-8.54?