commands of linux operation system

Am actually am new to the linux operating system and knda wana knw more about it.Please could u help me with some commands so i can start with that first.Really need your help

There's an older but still good introduction over at TLDP: Introduction to Linux. For everything else you'll have to be a bit more specific.

1 Like

If you are new to Linux, then it is suggested that you 1st clear the basics instead of directly jumping to the Commands. The guide in above post or any other book like complete reference.. etc will give you a good start, once you are know to the concepts it will be easy for you to drive it. Wish you luck..... Thanks...............Sandeep

1 Like

http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz is another good starting place.

Commands without concepts will likely confuse you and might get you into trouble early on.

1 Like

well actually am using red hat at school but anytime am logging in it ask me of my login name and password..i have been able to change the password but i cant change the login name which is root...i tried useradd but did not work any suggestion?

Please read the fundamentals of Linux/Unix before you muck with a system. If the machine contains any crucial or important data, the changes you seem intent on making can make it unusable.

The root account should be used for system management and maintenance. It should not be a general login. You do not rename accounts with useradd, by the way.

I suggest you create an entirely DIFFERENT account with limited privileges and use that.