Command getting skipped

Hi All,

Its been a long time!!!!!!

Having one problem in our live server....

we have perl code which runs every day for almost 15 to 18hrs process and it creates almost 150 to 200 sub process (arc get) sequentially.
However in which randomly one or few of the process getting skipped. But still the entire process is not getting terminated at all
it runs untill it gets over.

Let me make it bit more clear..

Here is the sample snippet from our Perl code..

elsif ($params =~ /string/) {
                                $variable = " <value>";
                        }
                      { 
                                my $comm = "command syntax with argument""$variable";

$self->pLog ("START PROCESSING");
                                my $paramString = $params;
                                $paramString =~ s/ /_/g;
                                my $newLogFile = "$self->{BATCHNOLOGDIR}/$profile.$paramString";
###Below is the line of code it  triggers every process using back ticks Which is not happening for couple of processes - 
###getting  skipped, However we could see above and below line of this code is getting printed in our process log file.               
                                my $piddy = `$comm 2>&1 > $newLogFile`;

Tried checking Diskspace,memory, also tried making perl to 64 etc but no luck...

Need help to solve this at the earliest please!!!

Thanks
SHa

If you can work out what

$newLogFile

expands to, please post the output of

ls -l "[literal value of $newLogFile]"

Note that if you have SPACES in your filename; the command will not work because of that, it will write a log somewhere else with an error message.

Please post the actual string value of

$comm

And what actually are you doing with the line my $piddy = `$comm 2>&1 > $newLogFile`; ?

This is capturing only the things written to standard error by the command (assuming that $comm interpolates to a valid command).

Where are you using this scalar ( $piddy ) later?