cluster setup and nfs

hello,

During the cluster installation, we are required to enter a cluster name. When this name is used?

I have a shared disk between those 2 nodes. To test NFS failover, what should I do?

PS: I am using VCS 5

thanks

ok. Let me rephrase my question:

to access the shared disk from a third server, should I access it via /net/node1/shared_disk or /net/cluster_name/shared_disk?

thanks

this is against a ha cluster. the service is accessed via an ip... this ip is switched between the servers with the cluster software. you should take the guess from your other post and take a training to learn the basics of ha clustering!

greets,
DN2

Thank you Duke.

Training will certainly come. But I am evaluating the product and I appreciate your help.

I am configuring the nfs agent now. I have no virtual IP listed in the wizard. I guess this meets with what you said in your message: I need a virtual IP address. Right?

How to create this virtual IP address?

thanks

PS: could you please elaborate on what you said? "the service is accessed via an ip... this ip is switched between the servers with the cluster software"??

How can you evaluate a tool you don't know how to use?

this is basic knowledge to work in an cluster environment. if you don't have the basics... it's really hard to explain! maybe anyone with better VCS knowledgr will do it...