Clone on virtualBox

Hello;

Please,I did the clone on virtualBox, but the machines have the same IP address: eth2 Link encap: Ethernet HWaddr 8:00:27: f0: 92:19 inet addr: 192.168.1.4 Bcast: 192.168.1.255 Mask: 255.255.255.0
how to change the address please?

Thank you so much

The way the IP address is set depends on the Solaris version: cat /etc/release .

Hi,

if you can manually set the IP address, just start the cloned Virtual Machine (VM) and set the new address by using the proper command interface (GUI, CLI).

On the other hand, if the IP address is obtained via DHCP, it may be that the lease is linked to the MAC address of the VM network interface; on VirtualBox VM Network Settings, in Advanced sections, you may also edit the network interface MAC address, so the DHCP server will give your interface a different IP address.
You may also edit the MAC addres by editing the file <VM_name>.xml in the VM subdirectory of .VirtualBox root directory.

see ya
fra

why solaris? "eth2" looks more like linux to me... and solaris wasn't mentioned by the OP?!?

Virtual Box seems to be associated de facto with Solaris. But you're right it does support almost any x86 OS.

Indeed, my mistake. eth2 definitely looks like a Linux network interface.

When you clone a VM on VirtualBox and you are using DHCP, you should checkbox the "Reinitialize the MAC address of all network cards" option to ensure you get a unique MAC address.

1 Like