Check Out UNIX.COM on Mobile - It's Looking Good

If you have not visited the site on mobile lately, you are missing out on a great looking mobile web site.

If you don't have a mobile, you can always navigate to the sliding member panel and click on "Mobile View"....

It's really looking killer'......

I'm starting to think that soon the mobile site will look better than the desktop site.

Check it out!

2 Likes

I concur, I have been using it more often recently, it has become really usable and is a LOT better looking than the old mobile site. I think it is pretty and fast too.

Yeah.. its clean, fast and bad ***

I have more ideas in the pipeline but is is really nice already!

Certainly a vast improvement.

On my El-Cheapo smartphone it looks cool.
I can't comment on speed as my heap of a phone is not rapid at anything.

<Thumbs up here>

1 Like

yeah... I've been slowing polishing it up with Bootstrap and Javascript trying to keep it clean and "not to much bling" like many sites I have visited lately. Some sites has "too much bling" and are annoying. For example, one forum site I recently visited did away with all page navigation and just used the "load new pages when swiped" feature, and it was very difficult to navigate. So I nixed that idea. I'm trying to keep the mobile site "cyber cool" without adding a lot of "bling bling"; but making it fast and easy to read and navigate, with good contrast.

So far So good. It has taken me nearly a year, but it's getting close to "very good".

Note: There are still a few "not frequently used pages" on mobile which need to be re-styled like legacy 3rd party plugin pages and rare error messages; but that number is falling week by week.

Thanks for your patience!!

Great things are worth the wait!

Sadly it doesn't load on my Nokia 3410. I don't think that's a fault of the site though. I'd rather not replace my phone though, I mean what more do I need? It's got Snake-II and everything!

Haha... every 12 year old up to 80 years old in Thailand has a modern telephone which can surf the net.

Are you a mobile phone Luddite? :eek: