check for users blank passwords

Hello,

I have an AIX 5.3 system. I want to check users to see whether there are users with blank passwords but i would prefer to do that without checking /etc/passwd or /etc/security/passwd files.
Also while i was searching the web for a solution i noticed that many people refer to /etc/shadow file. The weird thing is that i cannot find this file in my system. It seems that it doesnt exist.
Is there another possible way to do that without needing to read from passwd files?

Thank you for your attention

You can try the command pwdck , but it only reports if there is a valid entry in /etc/passwd. As the other information you have found states, you can only see if there is an entry in the /etc/security/passwd for the user in the parameter "password" like password = uo34giu34hg . An empty entry has no password set.

You have no /etc/shadow on your system because AIX doesn't use it. This is usually a file being used on Linux and maybe some other Unix'es. It uses files like /etc/security/passwd and /etc/security/user etc. with similar functionality.
I don't see any problem in checking this file for entries. The tools do the same.

yes i know that is written in /etc/security/passwd i just wanted to see if there is a command that can do this instead of reading from this file using a script.
i guess there is no other way.

thank you for your help