Changing subnet mask for a NIM Network.

I am new to this forum so please bare with me. I did search for this answer prior to posting but no luck.

Running an AIX NIM Master at 5.3TL9SP4, with about 100 clients. The subnet of one of the networks defined in the NIM env has changed. When I go to Manage Networks, Change/Show Characteristics of a Network and try to change the subnet mask of the network I get this error;

0042-001 nim: processing error encountered on "master":
0042-184 m_chnet: The network address (net_addr) or subnet mask (snm)
cannot be changed for network "AASIS-Network1" because NIM clients
are currently defined as being connected to that network.
Remove the client definitions before changing the network.

From the error it seems pretty clear cut but I cannot imagine me having to remove 50 NIM clients that belong to this NIM network before I can change the subnet mask. Then having to add 50 clients back just so it picks up the new mask.
I know that subnet masks are not something that changes on a regular basis but surly someone out there has dealt with this before.

Thanks,
Justin

---------- Post updated at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:38 PM ----------

This will do it.

/usr/lpp/bos.sysmgt/nim/methods/m_chattr -a Attribute = Value ResourceName

Where Attribute would equal snm, Value would equal the new subnet mask, and ResourceName would equal the Network name. Run lsnim -l NetworkName to be sure it changed it. Probably want to backup your NIM database before running it to be safe.

Found this at Help -