Changing pooladm configurations

Hi All,

I have 22 CPU's associated with a pool, which was created with pooladm. But by mistake somebody made it with pool name - wps-16cpu (I want to rename it to wps-22cpu). Its pset name is wps-16cpu-pset (I want to rename it to wps-22cpu-pset). How do I change it ?

Also, can I associate it with my zone without rebooting zone ?

# /root# poolstat -r pset
 id pool                 type rid rset                  min  max size used load
  1 tbg-2cpu-pool        pset   1 tbg-pset                1    2    1 0.00 0.00
  0 pool_default         pset  -1 pset_default            1  66K    8 0.00 0.48
  3 wps-16cpu            pset   3 wps-16cpu-pset         22   22   22 0.00 0.00
  2 weblogic_4_core_pool pset   2 weblogic_4_core_pset    1    4    1 0.00 0.00

# pooladm | grep wps
        pool wps-16cpu
                pset    wps-16cpu-pset
        pset wps-16cpu-pset

---------- Post updated 09-15-11 at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous update was 09-14-11 at 09:07 PM ----------

Hi All,

Please let me know, if somebody is aware of it.

Regards

---------- Post updated 09-16-11 at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous update was 09-15-11 at 03:48 PM ----------

Moderators, I am getting mail that somebody replied on my this post, but when I go into thread, it shows me zero replies. Please correct ir or correct me if I am doing something wrong.

The mails you received were from replies that have been deleted by moderators.

Seems like there was no way to change pool name and pset name.
I destroyed pool name and pset name, commited it and recreated it with good name. Later I added it in zonecfg and dynamically add it with poolbind command, which came into effect without reboot.
That solved my purposed. This thread can be closed.

Mmm thats not true. You can manually going into /etc/pooladm.conf, alter the name accordingly, then save it. Do a pooladm -c and hey presto.

Ive done this many a time. Infact I found it easier, although mnore risky, to go into this file, add new psets / pools, than doing the stupid over complicated `poolcfg -c `create pset XXX`` commands.

SBK