changing permissions of a file whos name was passed to 755

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted!

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:

Write a shell script that gives a passed file the "755" access permissions. The shell script should:
Change permissions of the file whose name was passed to 755
The shell script should display a message that the named file (name to be displayed inside ") access change was made.
The shell script should output the result of the ls -l command for that file only.

Modify the script above so that it assigns a passed file a set of passed access permissions

1. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms:

Use the ls -l command for the specific file to show the changes were made.
755.*

1. The attempts at a solution (include all code and scripts):

My attempts aren't very relevant as I am not quite sure what they are asking me to do. Is it that once I change filename to "755" the permissions will automatically change? Or when i run this script it will change all filenames with the name 755 to having permissions of 755. Will 755.* work so that it will change all filenames with the name and any extension to having the permissions set to 755?

1. Complete Name of School (University), City (State), Country, Name of Professor, and Course Number (Link to Course):
    Sage College, Albany NY, USA, Leroy, CSI221 Linux for Net. Admin.

Edit: Continued here...