Change processor compatibility mode without hmc

Hello,
One of my colleagues is working on a p730 without HMC, only one LPAR has all resources.
The server is showing some issues with Informix (10.00 & 11.50), the same config (OS & IFX) works perfectly on Power6 so I would like to ask him to change the processor compatibility mode to power6 on the p730.
Does anybody know if it is possible to do it ? is it configurable on the service processor menu ?

Thanks in advance
Fabrice

I cannot think of it offhand. It may be possible, but you would need to look in the ASMI (perhaps web-based) when the system is shutdown, maybe in standby mode.

p.s. I am assuming there is no HMC, no VIOS - so the systems is running with the default partition (all resources).

Doing standby mode without an HMC is easiest done by saying the partition should not start when you power on the system.

Likewise, maybe the setting in ASMI needs to be when the system is in POWER Off mode.

I have no POWER7 to look at, so this is just guessing.

Lastly, if the system is under support submit a PMR and ask the question via IBM support.

Hope this helps!

Hello Michael
Ok I will follow your advice, the system is under support but was sold by Bull so we will ask them for assistance.
Best regards
Fabrice

I am interested in the reply. And even if sold by BULL your support might still be coming via IBM.

Hope all comes right. My thought today is that you may need a special password to reset all the other passwords. a friend of mine told me of something like that for a power7 system.