change permissons and owner for /tmp (swapfs)

Hi all,
i've an Solaris 10 installation. The owner and permissions for /tmp is:

# ls -l /tmp
# rwxr-xr-x root root /tmp

They should be (i've looked at a clean installation):

# rwxrwxrwt root sys /tmp

I've tried to change the permissons after booting from cd and mounting the root filesystem to /a. But after the reboot the new permissons are lost... Anyone knows how to solve this?

tia,
DN2

I just brought a box up into single user mode (boot -s from ok prompt). The permissions on /tmp were what you wanted. So I did a
umount /tmp
chgro uucp /tmp
init 0
and came back up into single user mode. Now /tmp had a group of uucp. It seems to inherit the settings from the mount point and you must have fumbled somehow. That boot from cd should have worked. What did you do to after changing /a/tmp?

after changing /a/tmp i did a "init 6" and bootet from the disk where i've changed the permissions... from my understanding the changes realy should have worked... but they didn't. any ideas are welcome ;).

umount /a prior to the init 6

i'll test it tomorrow... thnx.

Why did not you try chmod 777 /tmp and then chmod +t /tmp ?

if you read my first post, i've tried this... but the permissons are changed back after reboot!

I know about that, but did you do a re-configuration boot after it was done?
whats the output of your df -k ? Was /tmp configured to be a separate slice or is it under root?

/tmp is allways swapfs under solaris... so yes, it is an own filesystem. and why a reconfigure boot? no new hardware is added to the system?!?

whats the /etc/default/login 's UMASK set to? Can you change it to 027?

Hi DukeNuke2,
Request you to kindly past the o/p of df -kh and umask...
may be this can help us...