CDROM set as filesystem displays all files in upper case

I have a CDROM drive mounted as a filesystem in order to copy a database from a CD. I can view the CD in windows and all the files are as they should be and in the correct case.
When I look at the same CD having mounted it as a filesystem on the SCO unix machine all the filenames have been converted to Upper case with truncated names and all the files with a . as a leading prefix have been changed to an _

Have I set something up wrong ? There are way too many files to change the case to, as some should be a combination of upper and lower. Also, with the file names being truncated I'd have to keep checking what the actual file names should be.

Please Help !

mount -o lower /dev/cd0 /mnt

Read the man page for High Sierra file systems, and the various options available.

man ADM mount

OK, so this option does at least change everything to lower case, but it still converts all files that start with a full stop (.) start with an under score (_), it still truncates all the file names and it doesn't represent a true file name. So a file that is called .Startersan has now actually become _starters

Any other suggestions ?

Try the -fHS or -fISO9660 options of the mount command.
Failing that you could ftp the contents of the cd from a Windows machine.