CDE password change on expiration

Hello,

I am using Solaris 10 with CDE and like to change the behaviour of the login process.

I have a user account that is configured for password aging.
Currently, when his password expires, CDE prompts him to change his password when login in.

What I'd like is that the user cannot login anymore; as a result an administrator has to change the password instead of the user himself.

Is this behaviour possible ? If yes, by configuration or by a custom development ?

My understanding is that the name of the process that handles user login is dtlogin. I could not find any indication on how my need can be fulfilled in the documentation.

Thanks for any answer,

gorfou

what can be done, is to, lock the a/c when it expires, instead of asking user to change the passwd.

Thanks for the idea.

This could indeed do the trick.

However, I can't see a passwd option that would automatically lock an account when it expires.
Should I create a script that would regularly check the expiration and lock the account ?

Dont put any warning number of days in the shadow file

I am not sure I get your point.

If I disable the warning period, the user can still change himself his password once it is expired.

During the warning period, there is a message indicating the number of days until expiration, but the user is not prompted for an immediate password change.

ok sorry, don make it very complex..
passwd -x 30 user1" will make the password expire at 30 days old and will lock it.