Career Guidance in solaris

Hi,

Can someone Please Suggest me, if there are any opportunities in solaris field Apart from being Admin or Working in Support Domain.

If you dont want to become any admin (Web sphere, weblogics), you can become a hacker....... Take in positive way..... :slight_smile:

Sure there are, are you developer? Oracle has been hiring (debatable for sure) on every continent for all kind of positions. If you are not admin type, support has many sides to it. You do not have to be customer facing if you do not want to be. Kernel developer, OS developer, Storage, just to name few, and then you have tons of 3rd party applications for Solaris. Solaris kernel is written in C, Solaris Cluster in C++, then you have JAVA, and who knows what else is out there that is native to Solaris.
What are you good at or what interests you? If you are newbie, you may need to start at the bottom and work your way u, but as long as you know what you want you should be able to get there.
Hope it helps.

I'm a Solaris Admin and I see a lot of DBA's wanting there databases on Solaris servers.
Solaris servers are secure but most security people don't know the system so there could be a future in that.