Career Advice Asked

Dear All
i am working on windows plattform and i am interested in Aix so i have done IBM Aix certification, can you please suggest Aix filed is good for my carrier,currently i am working as Desktop admin

edit by bakunin: please understand that the question you raised has nothing to do with the threads theme - this is basically "thread-hijacking" and generally despised here. Please open your own thread for your own question so that every distinct question has its own thread in the future. In this case i have done so for you and transferred this post to a new thread.

First off, you are asking in the AIX forum of this board - the answers you will get might be a bit biased because we all decided at one point that we want to base our professional lives on AIX.

That said, of course we all had some good and convincing reasons to do so: AIX is a very stable, very mature and very versatile UNIX dialect and its originator IBM is a company not likely to go out of business, be merged, sold or something such. Along with this comes IBMs hardware on which AIX runs, which is currently the fastest available (the POWER6, that is) and it is among the most solidly built in the world.

That all means chosing AIX as your area of expertise is quite a stable decision, but the most prominent fact - at least for me - is: it is fun to work with. I have used other UNIX dialects (DomainOS, Linux, HP-Ux, SCO), but none "fit my hand so good" as AIX. This is absolutely personal and i reject the idea of "this OS is better than that" - it is a matter of personal preferences and tastes.

I hope this helps.

bakunin