Capture user imput commands

Hi all,
I have a problem which needs to be solved soon because it affects auditing capabilities.
There is an application id that has to be used by other users for the purpose of production support.
The application user id uses C shell.
We allow users to switch to the application user id based on a netgroup and allow them to work as the application id.
But in order to enable auditing,at the end of a session - when the person logs out the session's history information is captured in a file and this is specified in the .logout file for the id.
But here's where the problem comes in.
When a session is improperly terminated,the session's history information is not captured.
And when the session times out due to inactivity also the history information is not captured.
Is there any way I could get the logs in the above two cases?
Using the script command is not allowed in this case and we have to work with the login shell as csh only.

Thanks.
Saran

I would suggest just relogging in with the same user id. That should result in the history commands being available as per the pre-logout state.

The second issue of the SHELL timing out is a curious one. I suggest resetting the environment "TMOUT" to zero "0". After you reset the TMOUT variable and export it the SHELL should no longer suffer through an unpredictable timeout.

Good luck!
:slight_smile: