Can't Mount Disk / Image after bad unmount

I have had a little issue with one of my disks, the usb cacble was pulled out and one of the external drives on it would no longer mount. I used First Aid and it verified and repaired both OK / nothing to do). After lots of messing around and not being able to mount I used Drive Genius 2 and that verified / rebuilt OK again with nothing to do.

Next I used that to duplicate to a disk image. At this point I re-formatted the disk and thats working fine now. The image I created has the same issue. I can see the partition in there but Disk Util / hdiutil can not mount the image. I get the following when trying to fsck the image (or disk before I reformatted):

BAD SUPER BLOCK: MAGIC NUMBER WRONG

I wrote a quick script and found 1 additional super block but fsck seg faults when I use that.

Some more info:

"./disk2s1.dmg: Macintosh HFS Extended version 4 data last mounted by: 'fsck', created: Sat Mar 7 18:42:44 2009, last modified: Mon Jun 1 08:40:53 2009, last checked: Sat Mar 7 18:42:44 2009, block size: 4096, number of blocks: 4883752, free blocks: 95358"

Its only a small 20GB drive. There are scripts and files I would like to recover but have no way to get this anyone have any ideas?

A simple:

cat disk2s1.dmg | strings

I can see file names I know are on the drive, so the data does seem to be intact just no easy way to get at it.

Think I've sorted it. MagicISO, Crossover.. unfortunately Windows to the rescue.. :frowning:

Is there a MagicISO equivalent for OSX?