Can't login to Vista anymore

hello

obviously something got messed up and I can't login to my Vista account anymore. the password was automatically disabled hence it was directly booting into vista. then I installed openSSH and created a password for the user. But vista login doesn't recognize this password and now I can't login to the Vista anymore. I have also Windows XP installed, and can access the Vista drive from there.. can I change the settings or set a password to my Vista account from the XP?

is there a way to fix this problem from XP?

thanks

You may need to use a password reset boot cd.

The ultimate boot cd also has a utility for changing the password
Ultimate Boot CD - Overview

go to safe mode and choose safe boot with command prompt

and then enter

net user username *

then new line will appear , just hit twice enter and restart computer in normal mode and wolla there is no more password

safe mode still requires a password. Sometimes theres a safemode-only admin account, more often, not.

If you can access the PC through XP then you better backup all the files first and Use a Vista Factory Restore option through CD or a recovery option in BOOT screen.

Miscrosoft has no way to restore a forgotten passwords on Login.. If anyone have other idea to login without restoring system then taht would be similar to hacking.

http://lifehacker.com/232963/screenshot-tour-how-to-crack-a-windows-password-with-ophcrack-live-cd