Cannot running export database using bash script

Hi all,
I'm new in linux. When I try to run a bash script, it doesn't execute and i receive the following error message
20070321:220002|ERROR|[14921]|exportDatabase.bash|Another EXPORT process (pid=2799) is still running.

If i kill this pid, i receive "No such process".
This process was running well before until i run the export manually yesterday within putty and close the session before the export was completed.

Any help?

Regards

Hi,
Could You post the bash script ?

The bash script is like this

exp telma/telma_live file=/data5/telma_dumps/daily/exp_telma02_13032007.dmp log=/data5/telma_dumps/exp_13032007.log owner=TEL rows=y compress=y consistent=y grants=n statistics=none direct=y

I think the bash script is running well before.

Regards

Well, i would check the log fisrt (exp_13032007.log) and eventually ask the dba to find and kill the export session (inside oracle itself) you ran manually
But it will be just fine if You could just schedule a database restart (i guess! im not a dba but most of the time it works :smiley: )

I mean there was no error if i run the export manually but the problem is about the bash script. If I run

$./exportDatabase.bash

the script doesn't execute.

Regards

try this

sh ./exportDatabase.bash 

and post the content of this /data5/telma_dumps/exp_13032007.log or just do chmod +x on exportDatabase.bash