Cannot able to login on console

Hi
I can neither able to login on console with my user ID nor with root user on HP-UX 9000/800 v11.11. I am putting the correct Password.While my colleague can login as his user on console. What is the reason that I can't login to console?

Pl. help & thanks in advance.
Mike

>While my colleague can login as his user on console.

And as root?

What console are you talking about?

Can you connect by telnet/ssh etc...?

When I try to connect to console locally, after getting thru' MP login all & when I get Console login prompt, I cann't able to login with my user/password. It doesn't acceptr rootuser/passwd. But it accept my colleaque user & passwd , I don't know why? It gives message that pl. retry again. Eventhough I am putting correct user/passwd details then also it doesn't accept.

Thanks
Mike

Statements:
You cannot login as you
You cannot login as root
Your colleague can login as himself

Questions:
Can your colleague login as root?
Can your colleague su - root?

If your colleague CAN login as himself, but cannot login as root, there is a good chance that root login via console has been disabled. Ask your colleague to su - root and reset your password to something that does not include "!" or "?" - preferably something that uses letters only. It's possible that your shell is doing some bad character substitution.

As avronius and I share the same point of vue, I would add also that I have seen root home directories corrupted, console devices corrupted (not your case) and less obvious, you are unable to enter the correct passwd because of keyboard definition change( you re not affected in US but elsewhere it may be different thats why I as a rule always order US keyboard for consoles, but not my collegues...)
>It gives message that pl. retry again
This sounds like spoof no?

Ensure each GSP account is set to "Multiple". Sounds like you are unable to "bump" a previous session.