Can i bind to a local login terminal running using rsh or remotely

Hi

Can i ask?

I had multiple solaris workstation running and some local users using it. Is it possible to bind to the local user terminal or console he's using as if like the user well type and I can see it and what my typing in the local user see it also.

Is it possible..

Thanks.

I recall 'write' and 'talk' lets terms communicate.

VNC allows two people to work the same desktop with two desktop viewers, which might be simpler than having two windows collect the same output (the input might get mixed, too). You can even set it to see each other's mouse moves.

Yup your right talk and write lets u communicate with the local users terminal. Talk and write will only display the msgs u want to display so the local users can read it. My objective is i want to attach to the console or terminal of the local users using so that i can also execute a command like the local users not only displays it.. Although your right with the VNC alike i can monitor and key in command like a local users but i dont have in my disposal of using VNC or We have the EXCEED ON DEMAND its like VNC but if i used it when i log in it will open another users session and doesn't accomplish what i want. I know somehow in linux to accomplish its like screen or tmux in which local and remote users can use one terminal to enter commands.

Is it possible in solaris?

Thanks for the reply.

Well, I have run VNC in Solaris from X or PC, so you could piggy-back it.

Exceed might even know how to do dual control/view desktops, if you dig deep enough.

Screen gives a telnet like login many screens, each on a different pseudo terminal. The code is open, so it might be something you can add.

You might create a process that listens for telnet clients on a high port, and runs one shell, copying any keys down and all output back up to all. It is a bit like popen but with two pipe fd, and poll or such to manage not blocking on either. I suppose you could script it with named pipes, in PERL or with a C listener like the u_inetd.c I posted somewhere here: Is this case is normal when programming in socket?

However, you want a pseudo terminal for full capabilities, which is in the screen code, or you could open not a shell but an rsh localhost (rlogin) or ssh/ssh2 to create your terminal. I guess if you started the first process under a terminal, you can use that.