calling sub-script in a command while

Hi,

I am writting a script reading a liste of files from a file-list using the command while read NEW_LINE, and calling a "ksh" shell for each line.

My shell is like beside, and only the first line of the file-list of "/app/admin/file-list.txt" is actually processed. It seems that calling a script stop the loop of the command while.
The file /app/admin/file-list.txt isn't used in any other manner than with the command while.

Thanks you if you have any idea.

# ksh shell script
while read NEW_LINE
do
/app/admin/process_file.ksh $NEW_LINE
/app/admin/record_file.ksh $NEW_LINE
echo "NEW_LINE $NEW_LINE processed"
done < /app/admin/file-list.txt

The loop looks fine, the problem could be in the scripts you're running within the loop.
Try to run the scripts manually.

Regards

I checked , but it seems to be a "stdin" problem, message bellow. But I don't know how to overpass it. a command for won't work line by line, and will probably crash with memory oversize failures.

By default, remsh reads its standard input and sends it to the remote command because remsh has no way to determine whether the remote command requires input. The -n option redirects standard input to remsh from /dev/null. This is useful when running a shell script containing a remsh command, since otherwise remsh may use input not intended for it.